Dating uganda forum member
Another giant in the newspaper industry of Uganda is the Monitor , an independent daily.It was started in 1992 by a group of editors and writers who defected from the Weekly Topic after coming into conflict with management policies.Created in 1986, the corporation is a government-owned company headed by European editor-in-chief, William Pike.
Uganda's people have a relatively short life span— some 48 percent of the people will not live to see their 40th birthday.
With the same 15-by 11-inch format as New Vision , the Monitor averages 31 pages per issue, but can reach up to 50 pages.
In an average issue 80 percent of space is committed to news copy, and the remaining 20 percent is sold to advertisers.
At the other end of the spectrum, The Red Pepper is a tabloid weekly that focuses on sleaze stories and tends toward the pornographic.
Its editors have been charged for publishing obscene pictures.